11 September 2018 / 2 Comments
Possibly the cutest COOKIES in the world
Perfectly soft and buttery, these cookies are not only mine, but also EVERYONE’S favourite. It doesn’t matter how many I make, there is never enough! They disappear at a blink of an eye! I love to add fresh vanilla to my cookie dough and fill them with either a raspberry jam or lemon curd.
They are really easy to make! I find it super helpful to roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper, before refrigerating it. Then, once it chills flat for 30 minutes to 1 hour – cutting out the cookie shapes is so much easier!
150g unsalted butter, chopped and soften
55g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon fresh vanilla beans
1 small egg
250g plain flour + 10g for dusting
50g ground almonds
Lemon curd or your favourite jam for the filling.
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy for about 6 minutes.
2. Add egg, and beat for further 3 minutes
3. Add the flour and almonds and beat on low speed only until the flour is incorporated into the butter. Then turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and using your hands very gently knead it into a smooth dough.
4. Divide the dough into two, and dust both parts with flour. Roll out each part between two sheets of baking paper to 2-3 mm thick. Place in the fridge, lying flat, for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 C
6. Take the one part of rolled pastry out of the fridge, and cut out 20 – 2 1/2 inches (around 6 cm) circles, re-rolling the dough if necessary. Place the cookies on a large tray, previously lined with baking paper. Cut out a smaller heart shape out of the 10 circles. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer onto the cooling rack.
7. Repeat with the second part of the dough.
Once the cookies cool down, spread a teaspoon of lemon curd or jam on the bottom part of the cookie and sandwich it with the heart shape one. Dust with icing sugar and ENJOY!!!!