This recipe has been adapted from GOURMANDE IN THE KITCHEN, very inspirational web, full of gorgeous recipes. I’ve changed a couple of ingredients and chosen a different method of preparation.
What I love about it, is that it contains all my favourite stuff: almonds, pecans, coconut, coconut butter, flaxseeds,cocoa, honey and dark chocolate. If we really are what we eat I am all of this ingredients, I’m this chocolate granola 🙂
RECIPE FOR GRANOLA:
220g of your favourite nuts/here almonds and pecans(half and half)
3 tablespoons of coconut butter
3-4 tablespoons of raw honey
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
40g shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
40g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Pulse the nuts in a blender until just coarsely chopped.
3. Gently melt the butter in a pan, over a small heat.Take it off the stove and add honey and cocoa powder.Mix well.
4. Pour the mixture over the nuts and shredded coconut and ground flaxseeds. Combine together and try not to eat it all 🙂
5. Transfer the mixture on a baking tray and spread it evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
6. Cool and stir in the dark chocolate.
RECIPE FOR ALMOND MILK
200g raw almonds
1.Soak the almonds overnight(or at least 6 hours) in a bowl of water.
2. Drain the almonds and add to the blender with water.Blend for a minute or two.
3.Place a mesh cloth(like cheesecloth) on the top of a bowl or a jug and pour the milk through it. Once the bag is partially drained, squeeze the rest of the liquid out with your hands.
|Milking almonds 🙂|